Subject: Three problems in one mail (PPPD, SCSI, Scanner)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/1999 18:58:20
Hi!

Last week I decided to install current parallel to my 1.4.1. I started
with the September (partial) snapshot, and today rsync'd the latest
sources, compiled a new kernel and did a "make build" in /usr/src.

The problems I'm having right now are:
1) pppd doesn't work right now (it did with the September snapshot) --
it only tells me "Failed to open /dev/tty01: Device not configured",
but I don't know how to configure it :-( I tried "sh MAKEDEV all" in
/dev, but that didn't help.

2) When I add "aic? at isa?" with the right settings to my kernel,
booting hangs after "scsibus1: waiting 2 seconds for devices to
settle...". (scsibus0 is attached to my 2940). I only have a scanner
at that adapter, the rest of my devices is on scsibus0. 1.4.1 doesn't
have that problem.

3) The scanner, a Microtek Scanmaker E3, doesn't work in 1.4.1 really,
when I try to use xscanimage or xsane with sane, the scanner shows
some activity, but then the corresponding process hangs at the bottom
of my process list like this:
274 wiz       -5    0   636K 1880K sleep   0:00  0.00%  0.00% xsane

Any help appreciated, kernel config available on request.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at