Subject: Re: Using ipnat with DHCP.
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/1999 03:52:29
> Todd Whitesel writes:
> > While I'm on a roll, how about ftp outputting to stdout, so sysinst can
> > pipe an installation set directly into gunzip | tar for extracting onto
> > small disks without needing /usr/INSTALL.
>
> is
>     ftp -o "| gtar -xvpf -" ftp://home/some.tar.gz
> not good enough? i'm sure that's been there since 1.4... ;-)

"Waah! I want sysinst to do it for me! Waah!"

Actually, I noticed that the latest sun3 install stuff, while still dependent
on the miniroot, does extract ftp'd sets directly off the network onto the
destination disk. Mmm, nice.

Hey, is Erik Fair listening? I finally found a replacement SeaCrate for that
sun3/60 you gave me... it's installing 1.4 as I type this!

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com