Subject: ATTN: Anoncvs users (was Re: New Anoncvs, CVSWEB, WWW and FTP Mirror.)
To: Urban Boquist <boquist@crt.se>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/1999 14:24:25
On Sat, Oct 30, 1999 at 05:15:08PM +0200, Urban Boquist wrote:
> It think you must have forgotten the line "RCS_LOCALID=NetBSD" in
> /etc/mk.conf when you built and installed CVS onto the server machine.
>
> Without that every file (!) that is checked out using anonymous CVS from
> anoncvs.no.netbsd.org will have its revision number off by one! To
<snip>
> So, please reinstall CVS on this machine, with the line above in
> /etc/mk.conf.

Urban Boquist notified me of the above problem with our anoncvs
service at anoncvs.no.netbsd.org. His analysis was correct. CVS
has been reinstalled on our server to fix this problem. However,
in order to get the version numbers correct on your checked out files
you'll probably need to throw away your current working copy and
do a fresh checkout. cvs up will not fix it for all your files
(only the changed once) I believe. On the other hand, these version
numbers may need to to critical to you. But I was told the pkgsrc
system depends on them to verify the currently installed version
of the pkgtools.

My apologies for this inconvenience,

Feico.