Subject: Re: Using ipnat with DHCP.
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/1999 00:31:40
> > Strongly agree... In particular I wish our FTP was smart enough to disable
> > epsv4 when it gets the first '500 EPASV not understood' or whatever that
> > generic error message is...
>
> ftp is smart enough to do that!  I fixed that on October 1, 1999.
>
> Please update your sources before complaining about a bug or missing
> feature in ftp; chances are it may have already been resolved. ;-)

Ooh, gives me a reason to update my sparcbook with something later than 1.4K!
(It's the machine I do all of my external FTP'ing with, and I'm typing on it
now while watching Dr. Who.)

While I'm on a roll, how about ftp outputting to stdout, so sysinst can
pipe an installation set directly into gunzip | tar for extracting onto
small disks without needing /usr/INSTALL.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com