Subject: Re: ext2fs revision 1
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1999 21:11:51
    Antti> Wow, ignorance does pay off. A freshly created e2fs under a fresh
    Antti> debian linux box can't be mounted on NetBSD and I am stuck with
    Antti> data idling on the disk.

  yes, for some reason the new mkfs.ext2 puts revision 2 on the new file
systems, even though the parameters that are now changeable (inode size) in
revision 2 are only capable of being set to the revision 1 values (At least
with Linux 2.2).
  I used hexedit to change the revision back to 1.

  I can cook up details later.

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.