Subject: wss/sb mode of NeoMagic video/audio chip doesn't work anymore
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/1999 13:46:15
As has mentioned here from time to time, the NeoMagic sound
chip present in some laptops can be used like an ISA
Soundblaster or WSS.

This used to work fine all the time, but when I tried
recently with a fresh kernel the speaker kept silent.
The bootup messages look normal, the chip gets identified
as sb or wss as specified in the kernel config file.
No interrupt comes through, according to "systat".

It's on the laptop which I don't have here at the moment,
I can provide more details if needed next week.

Just my question to the other laptop-with-neomagic owners:
Does the sound still work for you?

best regards
Matthias