Subject: Using ipnat with DHCP.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <rickco@us.ibm.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/12/1999 12:13:57
Can I have ipnat map one of my ethernet cards to another?  I want to
connect my NetBSD machine to a cable modem.  So, it's connected out a
10baseT ethernet card using DHCP to acquire an IP address.  Then I want to
connect that machine to another using a direct link with ethernet cards.

What I want to do is transfer all data coming out of the direct link to the
cable modem connection.  I believe the term is IP masquerading.

I found ipnat.  However, it appears I have to name two IP addresses.  Which
I can't because one of them changes from day to day.  I suppose I could
write a script to grab it everytime I boot, but what a royal pain!

Thanks,
     Rick

---------------------- Forwarded by Rick Cockerham/Austin/IBM on 11/12/1999

Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org> on 11/11/1999 04:27:22 PM