Subject: Domex 3191D SCSI host adapter
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/1999 13:39:36
I just received my mustek scanner, it came with a simple
PCI SCSI card labled as:
	Domex DMX-3191D
with an
	Domex 536
chip as controller.

Domex homepage (www.domexusa.com) doesn't say anything about that
card, except that they are "OEM Models for scanner bundle projects".

Some Umax scanners are shipped with an OEM version, wich Umax calls
"UDS-IS11/PCI", here's a link for some information about that card:
http://support.umax.co.uk/technotes/f121B.htm

NetBSD detects it as:
unknown vendor 0x134a product 0x0001 (SCSI mass storage) at pci0 dev 11 function
 0 not configured

From greping the web I know that the Domex 436 used in the older Domex 3181
ISA-cards was very similar to some NCR ships (I found some patches for
linux) so I doubt that the 536 will be something completly unique.

If it's possible I would like to use that card in my "secondary" computer
for the scanner instead of the symbios logic in my "primary" workstation.
(Mustek scanners don't support disconnect/reconnect).
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.