Subject: Re: awi/BayStack cards
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@iafrica.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/1999 02:49:06
On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Bill Sommerfeld wrote:
> In the high-AP-density environment of the hotel, roaming clearly
> doesn't work right.  (not surprising, since I only got one AP to play
> with..).  Like itojun, it worked for me for a little while, and then
> it decided it needed to rescan for a new AP for some reason, locked
> into the new AP, and then it stopped working altogether).

My awi0 has been working fine for more than an hour.

There are lots of "unk mgt subtype 4" messages, which seem harmless, and
a few "received deauth" messages, which seem to be signify reception
problems.

I can roam, except sometimes after switching to a different cell I seem
to need to ping the router before things work properly.  I suspect that
this might be an ethernet switch problem outside the wireless network.

I was even able to remove and reinsert the card, though it needed an
ifconfig down/up before it worked again.

--apb (Alan Barrett)