Subject: Re: none
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/1999 20:18:35
On Tue, Nov 02, 1999 at 08:51:20PM +1100, Robert Elz wrote:
>   | The 1373 card I have does work with the 1371 code in the eap(4) driver,
>   | but unfortunately I have no easy way to test the S/PDIF functionality.
>
> I think a 1373 is what I have (I looked at the number on the chip once),
> and when I had the box in a place where I could borrow an extra pair of
> speakers for the back channel, I did try this with a DVD (under wintrash
> unfortunately) and it did all seem to work OK  (the 3 channel speakers I
> have have the processing to control it all, by some magic that is way beyond
> my knowledge).

All of {1370,1371,1373} can use the input channel as an extra output,
but I believe the 1373 can only do AC3 when in S/PDIF (digital) mode.

(I don't think our eap(4) driver can currently turn the second channel
around nor does it have explicit support for the 1373's AC3.)

Of course, it would be sweet if Creative Labs could be bothered to
actually document these things properly.

--
Soren