Subject: Re: pax questions...
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1999 10:35:30
In message <el2zowy9ntt.fsf@eniwetok.ihack.net>, Charles M. Hannum writes:

>seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
>
>> I noticed some recent changes to pax that I don't understand.  If someone ou
>> there knows what
>> 	flg |= CAF;
>> is intended to do, I'd love to know more about it.  :)
>
>UTSL.  That's a magic variable used to determine if options were
>specified that are invalid for the mode.

Yeah, but:
$ grep CAF *.[ch]
options.c:                      flg |= CAF;
options.h:#define       CAF     0x00040000      /* nonstandard extension */

So, nothing tests that particular one.

FWIW, this is related to changes for the '-A' option, which I think is a close
relative of something I send-pr'd a while back; I was mostly curious because
there were a couple changes I didn't recognize, and I was wondering what they
were for.  I've been planning to submit the same changes to other systems
using this 'pax', and if these are better fixes, I want to use 'em.  :)

-s