Subject: Re: Supported CardBus 10/100 NICs?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 11/01/1999 10:59:46
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> Great. Can I be an early tester? :-).

Yeah. I'd like to get a copy if your '43 changes too.

> Last I looked some patches to the fxp code were needed; are those
> in-tree now?

Yes.

> The Megahertz 10/100+V.90 cards work too, right?

I haven't committed the com-patches. They are somewhat ugly.

> How about the no-dongle (patented) Xircoms?

You're talking about the `RealPort' thingy? Intel has bought the
rights to use it; the `CardBus II' version of their cardbus
etherexpress is fxp in (light blue as opposed to red) a realport
package. Product number is MBLA3400 or 3456 for ethernet + modem.

This is what I'm using.

Support for Xircom cards would be useful too.

/Johan