Subject: Re: Supported CardBus 10/100 NICs?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1999 22:16:40
In message <199911010228.SAA21317@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>, thorpej writes:

-> On Sun, 31 Oct 1999 17:33:54 -0500
->  Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net> wrote:
->
->  > On a related note, anyone know how to ID the "real" i8255x CardBus
->  > cards?? I've got a "Intel Pro/100 Mobile Adapter" (10/100 LAN +
->  > 56K modem), part number MBLA3256, which gives me a "Xircom product
->  > 0x0003 (ethernet network, rev 0x03) not configured" message.
->
-> This must be a RealPort card...

Are there any hopes of drivers for this?

Last I recall (which was a long time ago, admittedly) Xircom was the sort
of place that balked at giving out programming docs without NDA.  In addition
to this card (which came from the WinNT NIC test environment at work), I've
got access to a few other Xircom cards (both 16-bit and cardbus, I thing).

I'd be happy to help test stuff out, or may even attempt to hack together
a driver if I could get docs without an NDA (and some more spare time 8-).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net