Subject: Re: set-uid scripts
To: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@sharky.pilhuhn.de>
From: David Forbes <david@flossy.u-net.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/1999 21:16:23
> |user other than root.  Easy I thought: chmod u+s.  However, top suggests
> |otherwise.  How can I get around this?
>
> Use the @reboot pseudo time of the respective user within cron.

This is really what I'd like to do...however, a problem occurs... I end up
with two crons resident in memory.  I presume that this is because my
process hasn't terminated (as it will never do).  However, this is despite
the fact that my script does an explicit fork() (it's a Perl script),
which works at the command prompt.  Output from the script is redirected
to /dev/null.

How can I get remove the second cron?

Thanks,

David.