Subject: Re: DECchip 21143 and the tlp driver.
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/1999 09:38:07
Thor Lancelot Simon writes:
> A nice trick to see how your PCI cards are set up, BTW, is to run
> the "scanpci" program from XFree.  Easier than monkeying with the
> kernel, anyway... :-)

Thanks!  I never noticed this test program.

 From "scanpci -v"

 Adaptec 2940U/UW
  MAX_LAT   0x08  MIN_GNT 0x08  INT_PIN 0x01  INT_LINE 0x0b

 Digital Equipment Corporation DC21142 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet
  MAX_LAT   0x28  MIN_GNT 0x14  INT_PIN 0x01  INT_LINE 0x0a

It looks like the adaptec is already set for a conservative number in
my bios.  I guess something is just using up too much pci bandwidth.
I wonder where the BW is going.  NFS tars which is where I see the
starvation only runs at around 1MByte/sec.

I also note that the kernel says the quad-port dlink has 4 DC21143's,
yet scanpci claims they are DC21142.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/