Subject: Re: John Pugh: 46th IETF
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/1999 10:41:57
> The cards in question are BayStack 650 802.11 frequency-hopping cards,
> not lucent wavelan..  the lucent cards seem to do much more in the
> card firmware and less in the driver...

Ah, for some reason I was thinking wavelan.  Thanks.

The frequency-hoppers are a bit less interesting to me.  I'm hoping to
find some direct-sequence cards.

The military comm stuff appears to be direct-sequence now.  (They gave
up on frequency-hopping.)  I'm seeing the same trend in wireless
cards.

I haven't seen any programmer specs for direct sequence cards yet, but
I'm assuming that they are all limited by crypto export restrictions
to enforce some nice and short and easily breakable spreading
polynomial.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/