Subject: Re: John Pugh: 46th IETF
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@solidum.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/1999 10:35:15
>   Does anyone know if these cards work with any drivers that we
>   have?

Thanks to Bay/Nortel folks in Billerica, I have cards and docs in hand
and I'm working on a driver at the moment.

So far, the card appears to be behaving more or less as the doc
specifies, so chances are good that that a minimally functional driver
will show up in -current some time next week; for those who don't want
to run bleeding-edge kernels, backporting it to 1.4.x should be fairly
straightforward.

Unfortunately, the card leaves a bunch of 802.11 mgt goo up to the
driver, and the 802.11 management protocol is both moderately complex
and documented in a fairly arcane ISOish style.  As I only have one
base station at the moment, it will be difficult to test roaming until
I get to DC, so expect bug fixes to trickle in during the middle of
the meeting..

						- Bill