Subject: Re: speech recognition software
To: David Forbes <david@flossy.u-net.com>
From: Hans Insulander <hin@stacken.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 10/26/1999 23:49:08
David Forbes <david@flossy.u-net.com> writes:

> This may sound like a silly question but, does anyone know of or use any
> simple speech recognition software that will work under NetBSD?
>
> I don't want anything flash, and I don't want to dictate, I'd just like to
> be able to issue a small set of commands vocally, like "Check email".
>
> Any ideas or do I have to read papers and write the thing myself?

I have a _very_ faint memory of a software called EARS (don't remember
what the acronym means) that i tested a few years ago.
I'm terribly sorry i can't remember more details.

--
--- Hans Insulander <hin@stacken.kth.se>, SM0UTY -----------------------
This is my .signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.