Subject: Re: CardBus Questions
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Jerry Alexandratos <darkstar@UDel.Edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/25/1999 01:35:26
On Sun, Oct 24, 1999 at 10:27:26PM -0400, Brad Spencer wrote:
:
: Bummer.... thinkingthinkingthinking...
:
: Something is rolling around in my memory.  Within in the last 7 days there
: was a post to one of the NetBSD lists [forgot which] that contained a
: patch that was suppose to help some with the problem of BIOS's that do not
: configure the Cardbus bridge correctly.  I am not sure if the target
: audience was Sony owners or someone else, however, at least one person
: reported that it fixed their problem with unconfigured Cardbus bridges
: [which results in the message you get, I think].
:
: I don't know if the above was helpful or not.  You might check the NetBSD
: mailing list archives for a post like this.  There certainly *was*
: conversations about cardbus topics a short time ago, but I have forgotten
: on which list.

This has been very helpful.  I grabbed the patch set (it was posted to
tech-kern).

The cbb and cardslots are properly found now, and it attaches my 3c575TX
correctly.  One question though.  I reports my media as "none."  I
notice that it doesn't do any MII/PHY attachment upon boot up, and
"ifconfig -m" doesn't report any media types other than "none."  Is this
the standard behavior or is it still not working correctly?

Once again, thank you...

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 302.593.4322               ||  matter of life or death...
email: darkstar@udel.edu          ||  ...It's much more important