Subject: Anoncvs and cvsweb mirror
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/1999 17:35:08
Hello,

Here some info on the NetBSD services we currently mirror. netbsd.org
DNS entries should appear in some time and a more official
announcement will be made (by me or TNF?). In the meantime, I hope
these services can be already of use to some of you. If you (can?)
run IPv6, I'd love to see some people accessing our server over IPv6.

greetings,

Feico.

services:       www, ftp, anoncvs and cvsweb mirror over IP and IPv6 (6bone)
location:       Tromsų, Norway.  (within the Polar Circle,  ;).
organisation:   Institutt for Informatikk, Universitetet i Tromsų

URL's (temporary, awaiting *.no.netbsd.org to appear):

http://netbsd.pasta.cs.uit.no/
ftp://ftp.pasta.cs.uit.no/pub/NetBSD
http://bsdweb.pasta.cs.uit.no/bsdweb.cgi/ (includes pkgsrc and xsrc)

anoncvs@anoncvs.pasta.cs.uit.no:/cvsroot (patch merging seems to work too).

From http://www.pasta.cs.uit.no/Pasta/virtual.html :

Anonymous CVS to NetBSD Source Tree

To use anonymous CVS, install a recent version of CVS and SSH on your local
machine. Use for example the devel/cvs and security/ssh entry from the
NetBSD package system.

Then set your CVSROOT and CVS_RSH environment variables to the following values:

 CVSROOT=:ext:anoncvs@anoncvs.pasta.cs.uit.no:/cvsroot
 CVS_RSH=ssh

Finally, make an entry in your ~/.ssh/config file like:

 Host anoncvs.pasta.cs.uit.no
 Port 11750