Subject: Re: coda ?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/20/1999 11:25:56
I've not been reading current recently,  but let me add:

 1a. Changes to the coda kernel code (on any os type) are not
     generally necessary when the client and server change.
 1b. It would be nice to get more platforms able to run coda.
     00README in sys/coda indicates what needs to be done.  The
     kernel changes are mostly to conf.c and GENERIC.
 1c. I would like to hear about panics.

 2.  I built 5.3.2 for -current this week and changed the packages
     to reflect this.  So prepackaged client/servers are at the coda
     web site.

 3.  The main coda discussion list is codalist@coda.cs.cmu.edu.  If you
     are having problems getting the pieces to work or want to know
     about stability, this is the place to talk.

 4.  I'm trying to decide what to do with my life.  Coda is not a
     priority, but I will tweak the kernel for a while longer.