Subject: Re: AnonCVS vs Sup2CVS
To: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/1999 12:46:55
On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, David Brownlee wrote:

# On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Greywolf wrote:
#
# > On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, David Forbes wrote:
# >
# > # Is there anyone still using the combination of sup & CVS regularly or have
# > # most people gone over to anonCVS?
# >
# > I'm on sup only.  I have a limited connect time so that after 2.5 minutes of
# > idle time, my machine drops the modem connection.  This makes AnonCVS
# > infeasible for use.
# >
# 	Why not set a ping -i 120 <remote-end-of-ppp-connection> at
# 	the same time?

"Why should I have to do this!?"

I don't want to do this because I want it to drop the connection when the
sup is done. If it finishes sometime after I've gone to bed but before I
wake up (hopefully), that's wasted time.

This "CVS likes to think about things" is bull<bleep>!

"Why can't the CVS server do a ping now and again itself?"

Besides, ICMP traffic doesn't count as non-idle traffic over my
ppp link.

#
#
#