Subject: Re: your mail
To: Jerry Alexandratos <darkstar@UDel.Edu>
From: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/1999 11:58:04
On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Jerry Alexandratos wrote:

> Hi, I'm currently using another BSD (it's the one that touts itself as
> the Ultra-Secure one).  Anyway, I'm looking to switch becuase I'm not
> quite happy with some of the attitudes around there.

[...]

> 3. I noticed that there's a project to incorporate userland PPP.  How's
>    that going?  Anyone want a willing tester?

I sent Brian Somers (the maintainer of ppp(8)) a bunch of patches against
it. There are still some more to go in; once that's done I'll make a
package - soon.

> 4. Soft Updates?  I know that there was some work to integrate it.  Did
>    it ever get integrated?

Not yet. There are problems with unmounting filesystems, and I've also
seen a couple of nasty lockups. Not ready for prime time use just yet.

- ad