Subject: Re: pciide lost interrupt - losing access to the file system
To: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/17/1999 17:19:36
According to Rick Byers:

>I do have an APM BIOS, but I disabled the HDD power-down when I first
>started having problems.

I did this too.

> Besides, it used to spin the drives down fine
>when they weren't being used, and then spin them back up when I wanted to
>access them (although I may have gotten a timeout message on spin-up, but
>it still worked).

This is why I asked - I too had no problems having the disk spin down
& spin up again on access mainly to extend the battery life on my
laptop.  It worked fine with a -current that was just prior to the 1.4
release but now it does not.

I hope this gives Manuel a few clues as to what may be going wrong...