Subject: Cardbus/PCMCIA topics
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/1999 13:48:13
Just two quick questions:

+ Are there any active plans to get the CardBus patches merged into
  -current?  And if not, why?

  There appears to be a few very talented people working on them, but
  from my POV, that doesn't appear to be enough.  I, for one, would
  *love* to hack on them, but I also like to track -current and merging
  in the Cardbus patches every time I sup (about 5 times a week) is
  not an optimal situation.

  I know that they are still beta in quality and stability, but perhaps
  we could just integrate them and mark them as experimental like the
  rnd device was.

  Even if they're not integrated into -current, I'm still hacking on them
  and will forward back patches.  But having them in the source tree
  would make my life a *lot* easier and I'm sure that it will spur others
  to work on them as well.

+ I'm still having problems with my 3COM 3CXEM556B (10 Mb ethernet and
  V.90 modem combo)  The kernel finds the ethernet device (ep0) and the
  modem (com1), but the ethernet is *write-only*.  From the small hacking
  that I've done, it appears that no interrupts are getting into epintr()

  Now, I vaguely remember someone complaining that there were known problems
  with sharing interrupts on multi-function PCMCIA cards.  Is this true?
  And if so, can somebody *please* tell me where the problem is?  I'm
  willing to spend the time to get this working.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."