Subject: Re: coda ?
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/06/1999 11:33:25
According to Phil Nelson:

>I did put mine on 3 dedicated partitions, but as I understand it,
>the only reason for putting RVM data and RVM log on different partitions
>is speed.  RVM log and RVM data work just fine out of a regular
>file system.  venus uses RVM log and RVM data out of a regular file system.
>It should not be a problem.

Cool, sounds promising.  All I really want to do is try and keep my
laptop and desktop machine in sync with respect to the various
hackings I am doing so performance is not an issue for me at the
moment.  I normally do my code cutting on the train commute to/from
work but I worry about the lapdog crapping out on me so I was thinking
of using coda to automate the syncing to my home machine to provide me
with a bit of a safety net.  I will have to have a bit more of a play
to see if I can get it up and running.