Subject: Re: coda ?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 10/05/1999 14:59:06
On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On mac68k, venus won't start. I get an error: "venus: can't open
> /dev/cfs0... maybe another venus is running?". The venus-setup script
> did create cfs0, and there is not another venus running.

The problem is that there is not an entry for CODA in the cdevsw switch
table for mac68k. In fact only arm32, evbsh3, mmeye, and i386 have
entries.

You need to add a

cdev_vc_nb_init(NVCODA,vc_nb_),

line to sys/arch/mac68k/mac68k/conf.c in the cdevsw table. Then make sure
the major number of /dev/cfs0 matches the major number for the line you
added. Note if you add in the middle, you re-number everything after it in
the list. ;-)

Take care,

Bill