Subject: New DPT driver
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/1999 17:58:12
Folks, over the last day or so I've committed a new driver for DPT SCSI RAID
controllers. This currently supports the PCI versions of the SmartCache III/IV
and SmartRAID III/IV. ISA and EISA front-ends will follow within a few weeks,
along with a backport to the 1.4.x branch.

So far it's proved pretty solid, but be please be aware it's quite new. The
two boards I've tried show up like this:

dpt0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0: DPT SmartRAID III (PM3224A/9X-R)
dpt0: interrupting at irq 10
dpt0: 64 queued commands, 1 channel(s), adapter on ID(s) 7
scsibus0 at dpt0 channel 0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target

dpt0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0: DPT SmartRAID IV (PM3334UW)
dpt0: interrupting at irq 10
dpt0: 64 queued commands, 1 channel(s), adapter on ID(s) 7
scsibus0 at dpt0 channel 0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target

You may notice scsipi moaning about 'Logical Unit Not Supported' when the
SCSI bus is probed; this is a trivial problem with scsipi and the
SmartCache/SmartRAID III and will be resolved soon.

Anyway, enjoy, and feel free to let me know how it goes for you.

- ad