Subject: Core filename stuff commited
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/1999 17:11:09
Hi,
I just commited the "core filename format" and per-process sysctl variables
changes I proposed. see sysctl(3), sysctl(8) and core(5) for details.
In short:
- it's now possible to specify a different name/path for process
  core dumps through the kern.defcorename sysctl variable. default is
  "%n.core" and can be changed with 'options DEFCORENAME'.
- resources limits can be viewed and changed on a per process basis
  using the proc sysctl hierarchy.

Those of you who were using the SHORTCORENAME kernel config option
should now put:
options	"DEFCORENAME=\"core\""
in their config file
Those of you who were using the kern.shortcorename sysctl options should now
use:
sysctl -w kern.defcorename=core

If you update you /etc/rc and /etc/rc.conf you can set
defcorename="core"
in /etc/rc.conf

Enjoy !