Subject: `tlp' driver update
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/1999 12:16:06
Hi folks...

I added some basic support for the DECchip 21140 and 21140A to the
`tlp' driver:

tlp1 at pci0 dev 8 function 0: DECchip 21140A Ethernet, pass 2.0
tlp1: interrupting at kn20aa irq 16
tlp1: Ethernet address 00:00:f8:05:c1:cc
nsphy0 at tlp1 phy 5: DP83840 10/100 media interface, rev. 0
nsphy0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

...that's a DEC DE500-AA.  I haven't added the quirk code for the
21140 chips yet, which I will do soon.

This meant writing some basic infrastructure code for dealing with
the standard (`ISV') SROM format, which happily the Macronix chips
also use!  I have a start on the GPR media support for the 21140,
which will be required for the Macronix chips, as well, and then
those should be good to go (with the exception of the NWay block
support, which should be pretty easy to write once the cards have
basic functionaility).

Just an update, stay tuned for more in a few days.