Subject: pppd not working with cisco routers?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/1999 21:04:42
Folks,
        I am dialling in to a cisco router and after updating to
-current as of about last Sunday I have noticed that my pap setup no
longer works.  I am not sure why but when I dial in to the cisco
router it no longer authenticates my session and kicks me off.  I have
compiled up an older version of the pppd and I am able to connect with
that on the same machine and the same ppp set up.  Sooooo what has
happened?  I know that the pppd daemon was updated, I believe that
this has broken my pap authentication - I have tried turning off all
the compression negotiation that I could spot but to no avail.  FWIW
the -current pppd works fine when I dial in to an annex terminal
server, it just seems to be a problem with the cisco pap authentication.