Subject: Re: /netbsd: ex1: uplistptr was 0
To: Erik Rungi <rungus@openface.ca>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/1999 13:19:35
rungus@openface.ca said:
> Sep 20 17:14:02 doug /netbsd: ex1: uplistptr was 0

That's quite harmless as long as it doesn't happen
too often. It means that the receive ring of the
3com card was filled up and the card was reinitialized.

Although I'm living on a quite busy and broadcast polluted
network, this never happens to me unless I drop into DDB and
resume.

If your network is not unusually loaded, it could indicate
a problem - another device driver might block interrupts
for too long. (Or your motherboard shares the PCI interrupt
with another device?)

You could also try to increase EX_NUPD (elinkxlreg.h), but
I'm not sure about side effects.

best regards
Matthias