Subject: Re: ethernet bridging
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/1999 17:25:06
> Is there any support in NetBSD for acting as an ethernet bridge between two
> interfaces?

not currently.

> Barring that, I'd appreciate getting some pointers to FAQs or
> HOWTOs on how to set up routed or gated so I can connect a wireless network
> to my regular 100baseT ethernet..

You probably don't need to do dynamic routing for this; you just have
to allocate two subnets and set up appropriate static routes..

Just build a kernel for the router with options GATEWAY, or turn on ip
forwarding with:

sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

i have the wireless card plugged into the router/firewall box which
also connects between my home ethernet and my cable modem; everything
inside my house has a default route pointing at that router..

					- Bill