Subject: Re: make changes: breaks make includes?
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 09/16/1999 19:41:16
On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 08:09:58PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> On my B&W G3, using the old make I can do make includes
> just fine.  After compiling a new make, only first file
> is installed.
>
> Anyone else seen this?

Yes. I edited 'sysctl.h' in sys/sys, and run 'make includes' from sys/sys
to reinstall it, and nothing happened.
By investigating a bit I noticed that the target (cmp -s in this case) was
not run because 'make' compared the date of /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h with
the one of /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h instead of ./sysctl.h (that is, the
target instead of the source).

How to repeat: just edit sysctl.h and run 'make includes'.