Subject: CFP2000
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@research.att.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/09/1999 22:37:45
Greetings-

    I'm on the program committee for the Computers, Freedom, and
Privacy 2000 conference (CFP2000).  This year the program committee
is interested in getting more participation from the free software
and hacker community.   We would like to see more session proposals
from technical folks who are interested in discussing or debating how
their work impacts the world.   If you are interested, please check
out the CFP2000 web site to learn more (http://www.cfp2000.org).
If you are unfamiliar with CFP you might want to check out Bruce
Sterling's description of it (http://lonestar.texas.net/~dub/crack4i.html).

    This year the conference will be held in Toronto, Canada on
April 4-7th.  One of the nice things about CFP is that you don't
have to write a paper to participate --- all you need is an issue
that you think would be of interest to the community (e.g.
open source, security bug disclosure, crypto policy, etc.).   All
presenters will get free conference registration, in addition travel
grants may be available.

Chuck Cranor
AT&T Labs-Research