Subject: AnonCVS
To: NetBSD current-users <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/1999 21:13:25
Hello...

There are two things I would like to know about the AnonCVS service:

1. Is someone addressing the problem, that local changes can't get merged
   because the server refuses to make a diff available? (There exists a
   PR describing this problem.)

2. Is there some way I can speed up updating my source tree (including
   doc, src, pkgsrc and xsrc)? If I use sup I can get the update in under
   15 minutes, with AnonCVS it takes quite a bit longer. Right now
   (19.00 GMT) I am waiting for the completion of the update for more than
   1.5 hours!

   If I do it earlier (around 10.00-12.00 GMT) the update is faster, but
   quite a lot more expensive because of the local telephone rates. So any
   hints for me?

Thanks in advance for any answers. And many thanks for all the effort that
gets put into NetBSD!

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)