Subject: RE: fortune makefiles incorrect ?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/07/1999 07:41:28
Jonathan wrote:

> 2.  We need to figure out exactly what that toolset *is*.
>     The NetBSD-to-NetBSD cross-compile work has found a chunk of it,
>     but there's all the usual suspects -- byacc, lex/flex,
> compiler chain --
>     in addition to the program-building tools inside monop, fortune,
>     tn3270, and what-have-you.

Yes! Identify, document, and conquer

> A Makefile to build the neceessary bootstrap tools would be great,
> too.

And if there are no inherent strong technical reasons (which I could not
imagine) all these bootstrap tools should be coded in plain ANSI C (yes,
ANSI C, not even SUS - they should compile on plain old DOS out of the box).

There should be a seperate coding style document for this stuff.

Martin