Subject: Re: [wscons] Switching off backlight of LCD ?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/1999 16:21:16
perry@piermont.com said:
> How would we get away without hooks in the driver? Wouldn't you still
> need an ioctl for screenblank to call?

"hooks" should refer to the detection of (in)activity.
Of course the on/off functions must be implemented.

> It would be nice to deal with those in-between states since it takes a
> while for the monitor to warm up from deepest sleep. Extending
> screenblank to deal with them would be nice...

Well, it is no problem to add these constants. A VGA
driver without in-depth knowledge of the video card can
only set the "on" and "off" states however. (At least
this is what the Xfree86 source indicates.)

best regards
Matthias