Subject: Re: Logitech USB QuickCam
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/03/1999 00:04:18
Michael Richardson wrote:

>   Anyone have any luck with getting this properly recognized?

What you see below is as properly as it can be recognized at the moment.
Logitech does not seem to want to part with the specs for their camera.
I think some Linux people have looked at reverse engineering it.  If you
have a CATC protocol analyzer it shouldn't be too hard, I imagine.

>   1.4 ALPHA doesn't, I'm building 1.4-current, but I thought I recalled
> hearing something about this before... Should we have a seperate group
> called, e.g. "tech-mi-periphs" for SCSI/USB/etc. devices which cross
> multiple platforms?

Good idea!

>   Anyone know of any PCMCIA USB interfaces for notebooks that don't
> have USB built-in?

Yes, there are several.  www.usbstuff.com sells one.  It's a cardbus card,
so you need the cardbus patches to use it.  And my attachment glue that
only I have at the moment.  But it works, I've used it.

--

        -- Lennart