Subject: Re: Can AnonCVS be used with ppp connection?
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1999 10:44:08
On Wed, Sep 01, 1999 at 01:59:48PM -0700, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> Do you have access, say at work, to a high-speed connection? Use that.
>
> I think that once you have cvs set up, it will use less connection
> bandwidth than SUP. Whenever a file changes, SUP pulls down the whole file
> while cvs determines how much changed, and either patches the file or
> pulls down the whole file (if the patch'd be bigger than the file).

Or use rsync. Not that you have a source tree on your system, you can
use rsync to bring it up-to-date. rsync will only transfers deltas instead
of the whole file.
something like:
rsync --delete -r -v rsync://ftp.netbsd.org/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src /usr
(assuming your sources are in /usr/src) should work.