Subject: Re: Can AnonCVS be used with ppp connection?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <hermit@labitzke.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/02/1999 00:03:18
* Bill Studenmund (wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov) [990901 23:23]:
| I think that once you have cvs set up, it will use less connection
| bandwidth than SUP. Whenever a file changes, SUP pulls down the whole file
| while cvs determines how much changed, and either patches the file or
| pulls down the whole file (if the patch'd be bigger than the file).

Well, that might be correct. However I found that AnonCVS takes quite a
lot longer than sup would. Not that that many data would be transferred,
but the waiting time until something happens is quite severe. And if
you have to pay for connection time (like here in Germany), you may
find it more expensive than sup.

(Hmm, time to find a working flat rate provider...)

Bye, Bjoern

--
Bjoern Labitzke  <hermit@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)