Subject: -current kernel compile failure
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Ordway <sammael@pacifier.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1999 23:00:33
	Tried yet again to get a kernel to build from -current sources
supped this afternoon for mac68k. It's been an on again/off again effort
since I'm trying to get a working kernel for my Q900 system, and I've not
had anything workable since late June. The latest problem has been this:

cc  -O2 -Werror -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith
-Wno-uninitialized -msoft-float -I. -I../../../../arch -I../../../..
-nostdinc -
DHZ="0x3c" -DM68040 -DFPSP -DLKM -DDIAGNOSTIC -DMAXUSERS=16 -D_KERNEL -Dmac68k
-c ../../../../kern/subr_pool.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
../../../../kern/subr_pool.c:83: warning: alignment of `pool_head_slock' is
grea
ter than maximum object file alignment
*** Error code 1

Stop.

	Unfortunately this box is at home and I hardly get any time to play
with it, so I've not had time to dig in on this one. ANy help is greatly
appreciated. Also if anyone has any news on IOP ADB support for the
Q9x0/IIfx (most importantly the Q900) that would be good as well! I'd like
to get this machine working at least over a network so I can plug it in
under my desk at work, I've got a free ethernet port and a couple IP's and
no Quadra to play with. :-(

	Thanks,

	Ryan
--
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!