Subject: sup strangeness, {anon}cvs question...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1999 18:41:15
Hi, all.

I'm wondering a couple things.

1) Whenever I sup (xsrc, src, pkgsrc, whatever) files end up having their
group write bits set, which I don't want. The sup source doesn't seem to
have anything in it that would override my umask of 022, so I'm not quite
sure what's happening here.

2) I think this has come up recently, but is there any way to use cvs in
place of sup for keeping up to date with a source tree? Id est, can I use
cvs (anonymous or otherwise) to produce a /usr/src tree to which I can cd
and in which I can "make build" and have the same thing happen that does
now with sup keeping things up to date? (I assume I won't be able to get,
for instance, i386-only or sparc-only system source, but that's okay, as
long as I can get everything into a fairly normal structure.)

Thanks in advance for clues.

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  only stand on waves.