Subject: Re: is ANYONE running multiple vga cards right now.
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1999 13:24:00
Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com> writes:
> Once netbsd boots up, it attaches the "primary" card as vga1 and reports
> the other cards as PCI devices not configured.

it's be interesting to know what it says, exactly.

My guess is that the other cards are not -- and should not -- be
reporting themselves as VGA cards (i.e. with the normal
class/subclass) because, well, they _can't_.

they're probably reporting themselves as PCI misc. display devices...
there used to be a "PCI misc. display" driver (at least for the alpha)
which would let people mmap them from user-land...

cgd