Subject: NetBSD-current could not link (+fix)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 08/22/1999 01:41:21
Hi folks,

I just downloaded the last NetBSD-current + `configure' and builded a new
kernel on it. I just untarred the new sources over the old kernel-tree
(yeah, I know!).

Due to some *wierd* sup fault, my sourcetree just wasn't up to date even
if I just sup-ed!. Any Ideas?

But.... when re-configuring a NetBSD/arm32 and recompiling the stuff, I
found that everything got recompiled... maybe I should have used the `p'
flag in tar (...).

All compiling went OK, but linking reported missing symbols `sb_max' etc.
from conf/param.c. This file wasn't copied when I (re)configured! I guess
I should have deleted the old one first.

Can anybody fix this? i.e. copy the conv/param.c when (re)configuring, or
even better change the make/confure system to use the conv/param.c anyway

Thanks,

Reinoud