Subject: Re: AnonCVS not documented
To: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/15/1999 15:33:12
According to Gandhi woulda smacked you:

>Then I think a proposed workaround is in order.  I'd like to move away from
>using sup, but unless you can guarantee that I can actually do this without
>the checkout hanging, I am either reduced to using sup or I am going to
>have to use high compression.

Perhaps we should look at using ctm?  I know that this was proposed
before and there were some issues with the deltas not having copyright
information in them but surely we can make it a condition of signing
up for the deltas that you are bound by the copyright of the file the
delta is applied to regardless of the contents of the delta.

For people that don't know, ctm is (I think) a FreeBSD thing that
takes the diff's of the source tree, packages them up, zips them, and
can encode and mail them out to subscribers.  One can then have a mail
filter that puts the deltas into a separate mailbox which can be then
read by a ctm tool to extract the deltas.  Once extracted the deltas
can be applied to your local source tree.  The system is quite robust
and simple to use.