Subject: Re: AnonCVS not documented
To: Neil A. Carson <neil@nc.com>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/1999 22:34:34
On Sat, 14 Aug 1999, Neil A. Carson wrote:

# Gandhi woulda smacked you wrote:
#
# > Then I think a proposed workaround is in order.  I'd like to move away from
# > using sup, but unless you can guarantee that I can actually do this without
# > the checkout hanging, I am either reduced to using sup or I am going to
# > have to use high compression.
# >
# > I've been trying consistently for about a week, now, and I have yet
# > to have 'cvs co src-domestic' actually work.
#
# Now that the AnonCVS machine is more permanent, can anyone re-consider
# installing cvsup on the machine?

If the mod3 compiler can be ported without too much grief, and cvsup
runs better than cvs does, I think this would actually be a win.
I have a limited number of hours per month on my ISP (the reasons I stay
here are probably way too trivial, but I'm damned if I'm giving up a
static IP address), so my idle timeout is two and a half minutes, typically.

But even if I run a loop to keep the connection open (by not remaining
idle), I get

	Read from remote host anoncvs.netbsd.org: Connection reset by peer.

Every Single Goddamn Time.

Is there a flaw in our NAT implementation, should I talk to my ISP,
or what?  This is just not a replacement for sup in my case.
At least 8 hours later a 'sup -avsz' completes.

#
# 	Neil
#

				--*greywolf;