Subject: Re: ccd questions...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/13/1999 20:52:57
On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Peter Seebach wrote:

# So.
#
# I have a couple of EIDE drives.
#
# They have been initialized as a "splice" under BSD/OS.  Unfortunately,
# BSD/OS doesn't have very good EIDE drivers, and I'm thinking I'd get better
# performance if I put them in a NetBSD box.  (Down side, I'd lose soft
# updates.)
#
# The question is, can I configure a ccd that will match a BSD/OS "splice"
# well enough to let me just keep using the disks?  I know the FFS should be
# compatible, and I'm not using an FDISK table, so *in theory* I would think
# this should work.

Better to back the splice up first; that way you can just ccdconf/newfs
the thing and restore it if anything goes wrong.

If you've already backed it up, you've got nothing to lose.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: We Stay Up.