Subject: Re: submitting a package
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 08/12/1999 20:54:52
Peter Seebach wrote:
> How do you make and/or submit a package?  I want a non-X-based Infocom
> interpreter.  I can build frotz (using ncurses), but I don't know how to
> take my ability to build frotz and turn it into a package.

Submitting is easy - tar up and gzip your pkgsrc directory and let people
know - filing a PR seems a good way ;-)

I've just started creating a few packages.  I looked for packages with
similar dependancies and then modified them to create my package.  You
probably also want to run pkglint on the result.  Basically :

	Makefile
		name of package
		where to get the package
		dependancies
		extra targets (e.g. post-patch:, post-install:)

	README.html
		Short description of package.  Includes build and run
		dependancies.

	files/md5
		md5 of distribution file(s)

	files/patch-sum
		md5 of patch files

	patches/patch-xx
		patch files (one per source file)

	pkg/COMMENT
		one line description

	pkg/DESCR
		longer description

	pkg/PLIST
		installed files (and remove commands, e.g. @dirrm this_dir)

          NetBSD - the most widely ported operating system available