Subject: Re: PR7619
To: Markus Kurek <kurek@unidui.uni-duisburg.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 08/11/1999 09:57:23
Markus Kurek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I tried the i386 install disks from the ELF snapshot.
> And the bug described in the PR7619 can be reproduced.
>
> It is possible to create files on a read-only mounted msdos
> partition. I can reproduce this bug only on msdos filesystems.
> I assume this is still in 1.4.1  and in current.

This seems to be bug of msdosfs_setattr() to be sane enough (at least
comparing to ufs_setattr()). RO fs is not checked at all in
msdofs_setattr().  At least this is the only difference I can see.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde